Adam Fox RPs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam Fox RPs

Combat Arts & Wrestling 1.5

Admin
    Admin

Combat Arts & Wrestling 1.5 Empty Combat Arts & Wrestling 1.5

Post by Admin Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:52 pm

Before You Read
    I. "____" represents transitions. Explanations not needed for this one, thought I'd make note of it.
    II. Once again, their is a song in this RP. Once again, I suggest you play it but it's up to you.
    III. Enjoy!

Blue's Clues

The scene opens up in an apartment living room. The room is nothing special, a red chair, a nice TV, a blue couch, which is currently where Adam Fox is. He is sitting down almost hypnotically staring at a piece of white paper he printed out. On the paper was none other than the schedule for Combat Arts & Wrestling's fifth show overall, and his second match with the company. He got the e-mail this morning and couldn't help but freeze and look at it. Eventually, his brother Kyle needed to use the laptop and Adam had to print the page out and leave. Due to poor financial decisions, Adam can't afford his own place, and is currently residing in the second bedroom in his brother's apartment. So, it really isn't easy for Adam to gain leverage on things like that.

Kyle suddenly walks into the room wearing a suit and carrying a suitcase. He turns his head to his Adam still who is still preoccupied with the paper in his hand.

Kyle Fox
    Hey, Adam! ... Adam!

Finally releasing his face from CAW's next card, Adam glares at his brother.

Adam Fox
    What

Kyle Fox
    I feel you should know, I'm going on a business trip and I won't be around here for a few days. Are you going to be alright? ... Is my apartment going to be alright?

Adam Fox
    All of a sudden I'm a little kid? I'm almost thirty for god sakes, I'm not going to be distraught because my big brother is going out for awhile. As for your apartment, don't worry, I'm not going to throw a party, and if I was I'm not doing it here. Actually, I'm going to be better than alright, do you know what's in my hand?

Kyle Fox
    I'm going to take a wild guess and say pa...

Adam Fox
    If you answer "paper", I'm going to kick your ass. I'll just tell you, it's the next card. My next match is on here, and it's easily my biggest match ever in my career ... ever.

Kyle Fox
    What's the match?

Adam Fox
    Oh, you won't believe it. Do you know how their are two divisions in CAW? Bloodsport, which I'm not in, and Olympian, which I am a part of? Well, the main event is an eight-man tag, I'll be going up against N.M.E., Chris Williams, and Sonichu. I'll be teaming up with...

Kyle Fox
    Wait a second, Sonichu?

Adam Fox
    I know right! The Ultraviolent Champion! Anyways, I'll be teaming up with Eric Logan, Psycho Dragon, and the Pure Champion Jacoby Jackson! This is unbelievable man, just a week ago, I was debuting in this company. Now look at me, in the main event, with all the big players in the company. Of course, before the fight, I have to do my promo.

Kyle Fox
    Why?

Adam Fox
    Wrestling is a psychological business bro.

Kyle Fox
    I guess. Hey, what are you going to say anyways? You must have something like extraordinary planned, right? I mean, from what I know of your opponents, they sure as hell aren't slouches. At least, from what you said. Mind giving me a little preview?

Adam Fox
    Yeah... I do mind giving you a preview! It's going to be, uh ... perfect! Just you wait, I got everything done, I know just what I'm going to say.

______________________________________________________________________________

Three Days Later

Adam Fox is once again on the couch, except this time he was sitting, slouched. He grew some facial hair in the last few days, and his hair was more or less a mess. He was still holding that damn piece of paper but this time only with his left hand. A coffee mug is grasped in his right hand. His eyes are beginning to close, and Adam attempts to pour some more coffee down his throat but the mug is dry. Adam slowly drifts to sleep.

Meanwhile, just outside the apartment, Kyle Fox is returning home. He parks his car in his space and takes out his briefcase from his trunk. Walking up to his door, he suddenly realizes he has lost his keys. After spending several minutes banging on the door for his passed out brother to let him out, he quickly returns to his car to desperately search for them. Doesn't take too long for him to notice that they were in the back seat, and it doesn't take long for him to burst in to his apartment room and make as much noise as possible to wake and irritate Adam.

Adam Fox
    Huh! Oh, Kyle you're back, has it been a few days already? Whatever, doesn't matter. Thanks though, I can't afford to keep dozing off like that.

Kyle Fox
    Can't afford to doze off... what's going on?

Adam Fox
    You know how I lie to you?

Kyle Fox
    Sure.

Adam Fox
    There you go! I uh, didn't have a clue what I was going to say in my promo. Nothing's coming to my mind, I've been drawing a blank every since I saw the damn card! I've barely slept, I've barely eat, I'

Kyle Fox
    I don't think that combination is going to help you come up with something good for your promo.

Adam begins to lean over the TV.

Adam Fox
    Doesn't matter, I don't need something good. I need something extraordinary. I don't know...

Adam looks down at the TV and notices something that wasn't there before. Something that seems to have just recently conjured on his TV screen. A blue paw print. It was eerily reminiscent of the ones shown frequently on the children show Blue's Clues. After closer inspection, Adam determined that it was just like one of Blue's paw prints it is one of Blue's paw prints.

Kyle Fox
    Look, this is what...

Adam Fox
    A clue!

Kyle Fox
    ...you're going to do.

Adam Fox
    No, a clue! A clue!

Kyle Fox
    A clue? What the hell are you talking about?

Adam Fox
    Blue's Clues. Look at the TV, Blue's signature paw print is right there in broad daylight!

Kyle stares at his brother for a few seconds before deciding to see what Adam has been enthusiastically gesturing to for the past for seconds. Kyle quickly scans the television and obviously sees no sign of an animated dog's paw print.

Kyle Fox
    Adam, I don't see anything but a TV. I think you need some rest.

Adam Fox
    No, what I need is to find the other two clues. I watched Blue's Clues a ton when it was on, I love that show. You know that! Is it that far-fetched to assume that Blue loves me back and is playing Blue's Clues with me in order to help me do this big promo and prepare for this big match!

Kyle Fox
    Are you high!? I mean, can you hear yourself? You need help, you're going to bed.

Adam Fox
    No, I'm not! I understand that it's not the most accepted method, but I have to do this! Playing Blue's Clues the only way!

Kyle Fox
    Or, you could take a nap, stop stressing out and obsessing so damn much, and join me back to the side of sanity!

Adam Fox
    I can't! Their is a deadline for promos to be sent in. Due to my sleep deprivation, if I take that nap, I'm going to be a sleep way passed it. Then, their goes any kind of advantage I'd have. I'm not as experienced, if this doesn't go well, than I'll collapse during the main event, and cause my team to lose.

Kyle Fox
    So what? You lose one match. That's not a big deal.

Adam Fox
    Losing this match is though! This is my trial match for the main event, I know it is! If I'm the reason we lose, then I let down my entire division, and I just prove to the lot of them I'm not a main eventer! Losing one of the normal matches I can heal from, because I'm going to be wrestling around that position, no matter what. This main event though, this is my chance to solidify myself. The fed is growing, and their are ton of talented wrestlers already, if I don't make my impact soon I could be lost in the shuffle forever! Dammit, I'm not going to let that happen! Now, if you don't mind, I need to find a handy dandy notebook, a green crayon, and draw down my first clue.

Adam Fox storms off into his room to rummage through his dresser for everything he just stated he needed. Kyle remains standing in the same room, thinking of a way to help Adam. The conclusion he reaches is that he needs that help of a friend, instead of a brother.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Later

Their is a knock on the door, and Kyle quickly opens it to reveal Kristin Faith.

Kristin Faith
    What's so urgent that I had to come over immediately?

Kyle Fox
    What was so important that it took you a day to get here?

Kristin Faith
    Never mind that. What are we dealing with here?

Kyle Fox
    Adam's been really stressing over his next match and has started seeing paw print. A blue... paw prints. He was a huge fan growing up. Anyways, now he's in the kitchen looking for the second one, or the second, he believes that he is playing Blue's Clues and that the clues will reveal to him what to say in his promo.

Kristin Faith
    Wow. Okay, I think we should ... huge fan growing up? Adam's 29, Blue's Clues premiered in 1996. So, he was like 14 when he got hooked on the show?

Kyle Fox
    Yeah, a lot of problems came out of that in our household.

Kristin makes her way into the house and Kyle slams the door after she enters. Adam leaps out of the kitchen.

Adam Fox
    Mail time!? Wait, Kristin what are you doing here?

Kristin Faith
    Adam, I'm here to help, you've gone insane. I mean now the fictional world that you were fascinated with as a ... teen, that your mind is now recreating in an attempt to solve a crisis you may have is starting to diverge off from that with little modifications. This could potentially lead to something much worse, you might even get trapped into this world of yours.

Adam Fox
    What the hell are you talking about?

Kristin Faith
    Anyone who has seen one episode knows that mail time was never signified by the closing of a door but rather...

Adam Fox
    I know! I'm not modifying my world, I just really want to be part of mail time.

Kristin Faith
    Oh! ... Guess I jumped to conclusions. Sorry. Still, this isn't healthy.

Adam Fox
    No way I'm stopping now! I found two clues already, oh Kyle the second was our toaster, and ... what time does your watch say?

Kristin Faith
    Uh, it says on 1:..., hey!

Adam grabs her wrist and checks the time. It's 1:39. Adam let's go of her wrist and returns to the kitchen as quickly as possible. He frantically searches around everywhere in the kitchen. Eventually, he runs across a salt and pepper shaker on the counter, with no paprika in sight. He bends over and looks both of the shakers in where he sees their eyes.

Adam Fox
    Mr. Salt... Mrs. Pepper... I need your help. I looked, I looked, and I looked, but I can't find the third, the final clue. I need that final clue, time's running out! Just give me a hint! Come on, something! Anything! ANYTHING!

Kristin and Kyle quickly join Adam in the kitchen.

Kyle Fox
    Bro, what are you doing?

Adam calms down a bit, and places his head to the ground. This only last for a few seconds, as veins start appearing on his head and he smacks both of the shakers off the counter, both breaking on impact.

Adam Fox
    Son of a BITCH!

Adam begins to breathe more and more heavily, looking back and forth between both Kristin and his brother, and the other side of the kitchen. Taking notice of a painting of a vineyard hung near cabinets. Fox starts laughing for a bit and face-palms.

Adam Fox
    I'm such an idiot. It's so obvious where the third and final clue is. It's been in the vineyard the entire time. I'll be back in a bit.

Kristin Faith
    What, no Adam, their is no way you're going to be able to go there! You can jump in paintings!

Adam Fox
    Why not? If Blue can skidoo, then I can too!

Fox jumps toward the painting and lands hard down on his ass. The cabinet flies open and a singular pan falls and smacks him on the knee. Both Kristin and Kyle get closer to check on Adam's knee but he gestures them away, and all of a sudden a gigantic smile appears on his face. For the pan has the third the and final paw print. He takes out his handy dandy notebook and green crayon, and draws the pan. Before going to the thinking chair, the red one in the living room, he blows the paw print off the pan. Sitting down comfortably on the chair, Fox reviews his clues.

Adam Fox
    Okay, I gotta think, think, think. Take it one step at a time, use my mind, and I can figure this out. Let's say, a TV, a toaster, and a pan. Um, I could do an promo on, them being toasty TV obsessed watching bastards who can only succeed in wrestling by hitting people with pans. No. Um... I could no. Maybe, no that doesn't even make any sense. None of these clues make any sense. Not a single Damn Clue can relate to Wrestling. They're Worthless, this was A FUCKING WASTE!

Fox flings the notebook in the air and covers his face with his hands. Kristin and Kyle continue to watch from the kitchen, they both have a very small conversation about who should go over and talk to him. She walks over towards Adam...

Kristin Faith
    Adam, it's alright. I understand that this match holds a ton of importance to you, and I understand that you feel you need to really develop a psychological advantage by owning them in a kick ass promo. But you can't, you're not ready to.

Adam Fox
    How do you not have a boyfriend?

Kristin Faith
    I'm not insulting you Adam. This is your second match, you won't be able to convince anyone that you can take them down. You're a great wrestler, and that's what is going to shine through in this match. You need to pick up a few more wins before you can claim with any legitimacy that you're going to be winner to your opponents.

Just then, something clicked inside of Fox.

Adam Fox
    Kristin, thank you. You've helped me figure it out. Together we figured out Blue's Clues.

Kristin Faith
    What?

Adam Fox
    Don't you get it Kristin? You kept saying "you", and you're right. I'm only having my second match, but it's not just my match. It's Eric Logan's match, it's Psycho Dragon's match, and it's Pure Champion Jacoby Jackson's match as well. Those pieces, those clues, as individuals I can't figure out what to do. But, turn it to the cooking channel, and you have all three, as one piece. It symbolizes that the only way to get the perfect promo, is to rely on my team's strength, and just be the person who delivers that information. Damn, the Blue's Clues writers are really smart! And we're really smart to.

Adam got up and quickly got the camera. He set everything up, and Kyle gets behind the camera. Kyle signals to Adam to start up in one... two... three...

Adam Fox
    Everybody I am the undefeated Adam Fox here to talk to you about CAW's most epic main event in it's short yet incredible history of high quality wrestling. The match is an eight man tag team bout, pitting the top tier wrestlers of Bloodsport against the division of wrestlers I fall under, the Olympian division. Obviously, I'm the least experienced out of all eight men, being that this is only my second match. However, I would like to state that everyone on Olympian's side has something going for them that will ensure victory for us. I'm going to dive right in...

I'll start with Psycho Dragon. Well, the obvious advantage he brings would be his knowledge of one of our opponents Steve Storme. Even though I kind of doubt it's going to be one of those scenarios were he'll know exactly what Storme is thinking, he's going to have a better time facing off with Storme than I sure as hell would. That actually might not just be attributed to the trained by thing. Psycho Dragon is a former Pure Champion, and he has definitely been doing well for himself.

Next Eric Logan. Well, once again he should have a much better understanding of facing Black than I would do to experience facing him. True, losses were some of those cases, but nobody can always win. I'm sure with the group as a whole, we will pull together and vanquish are opponents. Although, that's not the main thing I wanted to discuss about Logan. Unlike the rest, Logan is a Bloodsport competitor, even if he is placed under the Olympian division. I'm positive he shares a similar mindset to them and will be able to battle them with a similar mentality. It's common practice in wrestling that you want to wrestle your style to throw your opponent off. With Logan on our side, if they attempt that it's going to be much harder. I don't know if they can or not, as I'm not positive if it's going to be competed under Olympian division rules or Bloodsport, but we're prepared.

Jacoby Jackson is the current Pure Champion. Meaning, at this point and time, he is considered the best in this division. Now, I might want to aruge that later, but unfortunately I don't have much other stats on him. However, with the calibur of talent here in CAW, being the Pure Champion is no easy feat and I'm certain that he will be a beneficial member to our team.

As for me, hell I wouldn't call myself worthless to the team. Sure, I'm the most inexperience, but in this case it can also work as my advantage. For one, it means that I'm the least damaged. Of course, wrestlers in the Bloodsport Division will naturally have more damage on their body than us, due to the extreme nature of their style, which is already an advantage for us. However, I've had one match thus far, right now my body is in top form, and the damage that others I'm sure have to deal with are not a problem for me. Secondly, I keep mentioning that other members knowing them as adavantage, and it's going to work both ways, sort of. I've had one match, and one match is not good enough for them to get a good feel for them. They probably don't pay me that much attention, but that's a mistake. They don't know what I'm going to bring to the ring, we've got a bit of surprise on our side.

Now, I'm not going to tear down that division, I don't feel I have to or that I really could. They're great competitors but if you ask me, it appears as those this team is much stronger than they are. That's all we need to win, and we will win!

Kyle turns off the camera and gives Adam the thumbs up. Adam turns to Kristin.

Adam Fox
    Well, Kristin, now it's for so long, I guess. Thanks for helping out, you were really smart back there. Me and you, hell, even my bro Kyle, we did what I had to do. Seriously guys, you've really came through for me.

Kristin Faith
    Adam, can I ask you question?

Adam Fox
    You just did, but you might as well ask another one.

Kristin Faith
    Just, you put so much effort into doing this promo, missing sleep and now you only have probably a few more hours or so. Besides I'm assuming you haven't worked-out in the past few days, so isn't this all, just going negatively affect your wrestling ability come your huge match?

Adam Fox

Fuck

End RP

Notes
    I. Once again, this RP is over 3,000 words according to word counter (around 3,400). However, the read should of been quick, as this was dialogue centric.
    II. This is a pretty blatant tribute to Blue's Clues. More-so the Blue's Clues pre-Joe, I hate Joe. Didn't put the jab at Joe in the RP, but I figure I'll mention it here.
    III. This was also to express my anger at how hard it is to come up with legitimate claims when you're just starting off. I knew I was going to do a Blue's Clues tribute, and I decided that the two would fit perfectly together.
    IV. Some of the dialogue are variants of Blue's Clues. For example, Adam Fox's speech at the end about how they pulled through for him, is a variation of The Goodbye Song. Some minor lines, are also lifted from songs and placed in. You'd have to be a fan of Blue's Clues though
    V. This is probably my most dialogue centric RP ever.
    VI. Like Premiere, another personal favorite.