Adam Fox RPs

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adam Fox RPs

Combat Arts & Wrestling 1.4

Admin
    Admin

Combat Arts & Wrestling 1.4 Empty Combat Arts & Wrestling 1.4

Post by Admin Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:02 am

Before You Read
    I. "____" represents transitions. Explanations not needed for this one, thought I'd make note of it.
    II. White text represents flashbacks.
    III. Any text italicized, with no name given, and not colored white during a flashback is a present voice-over, so-to-speak. In this case, Adam Fox. It'll make sense in the RP if that doesn't.
    IV. Just to clarify, for long Flashbacks, characters will talk with their given color shown. Difference being the italicization and the fact that no name is given.
    V. There is (once again) a song in this RP. When it comes up, you should play it. Well, at least I suggest that you do, I picked it specifically for it. You don't have to but it's recommended.
    VI. Enjoy!

Premiere

The scene opens up, for the very first time, in the backstage at the Blue Cross Arena in Rochester, New York. More specifically, in the locker room of CAW wrestler Adam Fox. Obviously, his locker room wasn't anything fancy. It wasn't even that great. Fox himself expected this though, he was only a new employee, and CAW has just started. Doesn't help that Fox got into a contract dispute and didn't official get signed until a month after his application was sent in. Needless to say, Adam Fox wasn't foreseeing himself getting the treatment of a king.

Adam Fox was sitting on the bench placed conveniently next to the lockers. He was waiting for a cameraman to arrive, as he was scheduled to do a promo right before his match against Kayla. The cameraman was suppose to arrive five minutes ago, but it didn't bother him. He wasn't concerned with his promo, albeit he probably should be. He hadn't actually done that much research on his opponent Kayla. Uncharacteristically, Fox actually slacked off when it came to studying his opponent. He did enough just to be able to not look like a complete moron come his promo, at least he figures he did. Adam's mind was also at rest, which is also a bit strange for him. Right before he was about to doze off, his cellphone began ringing the familiar tune of "Beautiful Day" By U2. He immediately picked up his cellphone and checked who was calling. Jim Bowman, one of his best friends. Fox quickly checks to see if the cameraman is coming, and when he doesn't see him, he answers the phone.

Adam Fox
    Jimmy, what do you want?

Jim Bowman
    What do you think? Ben and I just wanted to congratulate you! Richie would've called himself, but he is a little pissed you couldn't get us tickets. Anyways, you've wanted this since you were like...

Adam Fox
    Seventeen. I remember it like it was yesterday.

Jim Bowman
    Yeah, since you were like seventeen.

Adam Fox
    Not like, when I was seventeen.

Jim Bowman
    Okay, whatever. Not the point, Adam. How do you feel? I mean, to finally achieve what you wanted for 12 years, I just can't imagine how happy, how excited you feel right now!

Adam Fox
    Actually Jim, if I'm to be honest, I'm not that happy or excited right now. Don't tell this to anyone but I'm nervous as all hell. I've only been this nervous three times in my life, I just... the cameraman's coming, I got to go.

Fox quickly hangs up before Jim can even say goodbye. That wasn't the only rude thing that Adam just pulled though, as the cameraman was still nowhere to be seen. Right now, he didn't care what he did. He was starting to freak out more and more, little by little as the minutes passed, about his first match. This is it, twelve years of dreaming, of working, and finally he was here. Unfortunately, he doesn't feel as if it did anything. Sure, it helped him physically, but mentally, he doesn't think it did a damn. Pacing back and forth now, Adam decides that his thoughts right now are nothing but first match jitters. That the training will pay off, and that he is an admirably performer, and will be victorious over his opponent, whose name he had forgotten at the moment. Yet, he still isn't able to shake this nervous feeling creeping through his entire body. He's experienced this feeling before though. Adam sits back down on the bench. With the notion that the best action to take is to sit down, and recall those times, and the outcomes, to calm himself down. To prove this feeling might be leading towards something amazing.
    ______________________________________________________________________________

Nineteen Years Ago: 1992

The scene re-opens in a classroom. On the white board, in big blue letters, "Presentations Today" is written. The view is panned over to three desks grouped together, a child in everyone of them. These kids are none other than Adam Fox at the age of ten, and the Bowman brothers, Richie, at the age of thirteen (due to staying back), and Jim Bowman at the age of ten.

Adam Fox
    Okay, guys, what are we going to do? Did we even research our topic?

Richie Bowman
    Topic? We had a topic?

Jim Bowman
    Wow bro, just wow. Don't worry guys, I have notes on our topic, George Washington. We study over these while the other groups are presenting, and Adam and I can present for the class. Bro, you just hold up this hand drawn portrait and look pretty. As long as we don't go first, their should be no problem.

Richie Bowman
    Go first and no problem? Hey, Miss Teacher! Can we go first!

The teacher then shrugs and signals them to the front of the room. She probably said something, but after twenty years Fox's memory fails him in particularly details. Anyways, Adam was already reading over the notes, but he didn't get to finished, as he was rushed up to the front of the classroom. The only thoughts rushing through his brain was a current hatred for Richie, and the notes he previously looked through. Just by truly getting in front of the class, did all those thoughts suddenly seem to disappear. Just to see everyone in his class, staring straight at him, instantly becoming the most frightening moment of his young life. He looked towards Richie, who was trying to figure out the coolest way to hold a piece of paper, and then towards Jim, who was staring at his feet, attempting to motivate them to run. The realization dawned on Adam right there that he has to be the one to do this. After clearing his throat, he releases a high pitched squeal to the entire class room.

Seven Years Later: 1999

The scene opens up in front of a house. Three kids are walking towards the door, and one of them just had one of the greatest days of his entire life. That kid was none other than Adam Fox, at the age of seventeen. The two other kids are his brothers, his older brother Kyle (who is nineteen), and his younger brother Mark (who is fifteen). Fox recently attended an WWF event, and was absolutely blown away. He was always a fan of wrestling, as far back as he could remember. This was his first show live though, and it was an instant realization of what he wanted to do. He wanted to be a wrestler. He was going to be a champion. All the happiness that was beaming out of his pores suddenly vanished as Fox stood in front of his house's door, instead he started to feel the same feeling he had nine years prior. His parents want him to attend college. Adam already decided that he was going to skip that step, that learning crap like George Washington wasn't going to aid him in his goal to gold in wrestling. It was an nuisance he'd rather not deal with. Knowing full well he was going to tell his parents when he entered the house, he took his sweet-ass time grabbing the door knob. Of course, his brothers weren't in the same boat, and Mark shoved Adam to the ground and opened the door.

After entering the house, Adam makes his way to the kitchen, the natural habitat of his parents. Sure enough, his father Ben was sitting down at the kitchen table reading the paper, and his mother was sitting next to him, sipping coffee. He had to tell them, and he was going to do it now.

Adam Fox
    Dad... mom, I know what I want to do with my life.

Sharon Fox
    Oh, let me guess! Give me a minute, I think you would be a perfect... FBI Special Agent! No? A writer! ...No?

Adam Fox
    No mom. I'm going to be a wrestler.

Ben Fox
    You? Ha!

Sharon Fox
    What, no! You could get seriously hurt or even die!

Adam Fox
    And that's not a possibility as an FBI Special Agent!?

Sharon Fox
    Well, um...

Ben Fox
    She didn't think you'd do it. It was a joke, you're a brainy kid, not physical. Your mind can do all the wrestling it wants at college.

Adam takes a deep breath, just hoping that the feeling will disappear, almost as much as he wants to avoid this conversation. Neither of course, will happen.

Adam Fox
    I'm not going to college. It's not for me, I'm not a college guy. I'm a wrestler, and I'm going to be the best, no matter what.

Ben places his paper on the table and stands up. He looks right in the face of his middle-born.

Ben Fox
    You're not going to college!? Are you kidding me!? Maybe I'm overreacting, I mean college will build you a future, wrestling will just destroy your body! I can't believe we have so many people going to college when they can get concussion for a living!

Sharon quickly stands up and holds Ben to comfort him. She turns her attention to Adam after making sure Ben's anger has been lowered.

Sharon Fox
    Adam, I don't think you've thought this through. You could attend college and train for wrestling at the same time. Just in case you realize that this isn't what you want down the road, a plan B.

Adam Fox
    If I have a plan B then I'm not working on hard enough on plan A. I don't need a plan B, because I'm going to achieve A.

Ben Fox
    Okay, tell me this, what if you get injured and I mean really injured. An injury so servere that you can't wrestle anymore, what then!?

Adam Fox
    I won't get that injury then.

Ben Fox
    It's Not Your Choice!

Adam Fox
    Well maybe not, but what I do with my life is! This is what I'm doing with my life.

Ben stares at his son, with a look of defeat in his eyes. It quickly transforms into even more anger, his fingers roll up into a fist, and Ben takes a swing at Adam, but stops before any contact is made. He uncurls his fist and leaves the room, a few seconds later, Sharon does the same.

Eleven Years Later: 2010

The scene opens up with a female in her late twenties in a red dress in her house, near a door, surrounding by two windows one open. Another female, dressed in casual clothing is leaning against a wall diagonal to the door. The name of the female in the dress is Kristin Faith, the one leaning is called Jolene Parton.

Kristin Faith
    How do I look?

Jolene Parton
    Beautiful. Too bad it's being wasted on Adam.

Kristin Faith
    Oh come on, he's not a bad guy. Besides, me and him have been friends for ten years i...

Jolene Parton
    Oh, I didn't like him when you two were just friends either.

Kristin Faith
    As I was saying, it was bound to happen sooner or later. He's a great guy, I'm sure this date will go smoothly.

The doorbell rings, and they both know that it's Adam. Kristin opens the door to see, as expected, Adam Fox.

Adam Fox
    I take it Jolene still doesn't like me.

Kristin Faith
    Ye... wait a se...

Adam Fox
    I know what you're thinking and your window was open, heard the conversation.

Jolene Parton
    Hm, eavesdropping. How any good stalker gets their start.

Adam Fox
    That, and it's a pretty safe bet that if she's talking about me it's slander.

Jolene Parton
    It's only slander if it's false. It's not hard to tell that you didn't go to college.

Kristin Faith
    Okay, I think we ran our course here. Adam, what do you say we start our date.

Throughout the entire date, Fox had the same nervous shivers throughout his body as he did the two previous dates. When they were walking to his car, when they were singing Lee DeWyze rendition of "Beautiful Day", when Fox was paying for their tickets to Toy Story 3, when watching Toy Story 3, slowly moving his hand to hers, just to hold it, all the way to the final moments of the date. Adam and Kristin get out of the car and walk to her door. Once they reach the door, Adam knows what it's time for, the kiss goodnight. Completely drenched in disbelief, anxiety, and thoughts. All these thoughts pouring from every section of his mind, as they both lean in to kiss.

Adam Fox
    I love you!

The kiss doesn't happen, the feeling of making the biggest mistake possible jumps to the front of Adam Fox's mind.

Kristin Faith
    You know what, I love you too.

The two kiss and Adam is finally feeling electric. After the first kiss comes to an end, his mind begins turning again and the nervousness returns with it. He tells himself not to bring it up but he can't help it. She begins leaning in for another kiss.

Adam Fox
    Let's have sex.

She stops immediately, and begins trying to not cry in front of Fox.

Kristin Faith
    Jolene was right... I can't believe you would... actually tell me, a friend for ten years, that you love me, just to sleep with me...you got to go...

She opens the door and enters her house, leaving Adam Fox outside in the dark.

Today

Cameraman
    Hey! Are you Adam Fox?

Snapping out of his thoughts, Fox looks up at the Cameraman. Undecided whether or not to be pissed that he is at least 29 minutes, or to be glad that he has finally arrived. The latter seemed better this time.

Adam Fox
    Yeah, I'm Adam Fox.

Cameraman
    Well then, lets get this promo started, you don't have much time.

Adam Fox stands up straight, and signals the cameraman to start.

Adam Fox
    CAW, you have no idea who the hell I am. Well, let me tell you who I am, I'm Adam Fox. Now, I'm going to be honest, here... no not now. Most of you guys probably want to here me talk about my opponent, not me and my life. Fair enough, I'll discuss Kayla then you guys who are real fans can pay attention and the others can piss off.

Kayla, what do I know about her? She's a girl. I'm sure I'm going to come off as some sexist pig or something, but that hurts he chances right there. Yes, she's trained hard, I'm sure, but I'm positive that if you search up the statistics, you'll find that when a man fights a woman, and I mean really fights, that chances are the man is the one who is going to come out on top. He, I need to get my mind out of the gutter. Anyways, there is another truth in statistics though. They don't mean anything when it comes to the individual. Will Kayla be one hundred percent focused on her match with me coming up in...

Adam Fox bends to the left to see the clock. Mouths "Shit" and then returns his focus.

Adam Fox
    In about ten minutes. Anyways I doubt it. One of my favorite things about myself being new here, I'm not wrapped up in anything, I can focus on one thing an one thing alone, victory. Her, she's obsessed with Steve Storme, I believe they're together now, and if the relationship is right, then she's probably shares a few of his problems now. Albeit that relationship can't be right, but even if she hasn't gotten some of his problems in some way shape or form, I assume Storme is on her mind twenty-four seven.

This isn't the greatest job of knocking someone down, is it? Let's be honest, I don't really have much to brag about, being this is my first gig, that isn't a one-show appearance... hopefully anyway, I don't think management cares for me. That's fine, I'll make them. As for Kayla, I'm not sure what I can really bitch to her about. Maybe if Storme was completely fighting off her but it really doesn't appear like that. So, no this isn't poetic justice, and it sure as hell isn't a Storme Ownage rant. This is my beginning, and I'm going make sure I have something to brag about by the end of tonight.

I've spent the last half hour, feeling the most nervous, I've ever felt. I've only felt this level of anxiety four times in my life, and I've been going through them over and over and over again in my mind. Trying to get myself back on track, trying to see where those times have lead me. If it was worth going through and facing those fears. Let me tell you guys, I faced them every-time.

Yeah, I've stumbled before, and I've faced the ridicule...

After clearing his throat, he releases a high pitched squeal to the entire class room. The entire class breaks out in laughter at him, he notices that even Ms. Teacher chuckles a bit. Adam looks down at his feet, attempting not to cry.

Guess what though...

While thinking of things to clear his sadness, he comes across just what he needed. He faces the laughter of his peers.

Adam Fox
    George Washington was the first president of The United States Of America. Unanimously elected in 1979...

I picked my ass back up, and did what I had to do.

It's lead me to hurting those I love...

Ben takes a swing at Adam, but stops before any contact is made. He uncurls his fist and leaves the room, a few seconds later, Sharon does the same. Later that night, Adam lies in bed trying to get some sleep. He hears a knock on his door. Getting up, he walks over, and let's his father in.

Ben Fox
    Hey son. Look, I hate that you're not going to college. I hate it so damn much. But uh... I respect that determination, that drive I saw in you. It took a ton of guts, to just come out with it and lay it all on the line like that.

It's lead me to becoming a...

Ben Fox
    You've became one hell of a
    man. You're going to be one hell of a wrestler.

Adam Fox
    The best.

Of course, I wasn't right every-time. The third time, it didn't turn out like the rest.

Kristin Faith
    Jolene was right... I can't believe you would... actually tell me, a friend for ten years, that you love me, just to sleep with me...you got to go...

She opens the door and enters her house, leaving Adam Fox outside in the dark.

Maybe this time will make it fifty-fifty. That would be alright though, one loss isn't huge. Especially when time heals all loses...

Two months later, Adam is walking on the streets when he bumps into Kristin. They both continue to walk their separate ways.

even when time just heals.

Kristin Faith
    Wait, Adam. Look, I... think Jole...

Adam Fox
    I'm sorry Krist...

Kristin Faith
    Dammit stop interrupting me! I know it's not just you but still. Look, Jolene must of got to me, and I've known you for ten years, I know you respect me too much to do that, with other women, it's a different story but with me, you've always been respectful. Plus, you're a guy, and I was smoking in that dress.

Adam Fox
    I'm getting a second chance?

Kristin Faith
    As a friend.

Today

CAW Employee
    Adam Fox, you're up!

Adam Fox
    Looks like it's time to see how this time ends out.

End RP

Notes
    I. According to Word Counter, this RP has 3286 words. Which makes this by far, the longest RP I've ever done.
    II. This is also the most effort I ever put into an RP.
    III. This is also the most characters ever in a RP I had. Featuring about ten characters that speak, and about thirteen counting the ones that don't.
    IV. A personal favorite.
    V. If you didn't like this RP, then you're probably not reading the notes. If you are reading the notes but didn't like it, then to comfort knowing the next RP is going to be different from this one a lot. I have a bunch of different RP ideas, hopefully you guys will like one of them.
    VI. There was no real inspiration for this RP. I just needed a way to kick things off, and this is the idea I came up with that I liked the best.
    VII. Thanks for reading!

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:04 am